Performance Comparison: Severn
Last updated 28 Mar 2019. All data shown is by calendar year.
The number of injured patients submitted to the Trauma Audit & Research Network database is compared to the number of patients identified in the HES (Hospital Episode Statistics) dataset that appear to meet the TARN inclusion criteria.
A range is derived based on the expected variation of the HES dataset. A single value is shown for hospitals that have provided feedback to TARN about their denominator.
We would expect a figure of more than 80% of injured patients to have been submitted by the Trust.
Figures of less than 80% show that fewer than the expected number of injured patients have been submitted by the Trust. Process and outcome measures should therefore be reviewed with this in mind.
A review of the number of times certain fields are completed correctly for the patients submitted to the Trauma Audit & Research Network database. The fields included in this calculation are:
- Recording of GCS and/or intubation/ventilation
- Incident/999 call date & time
- Hospital arrival time
- Reason for transfer and referral request date for transferred patients
- Date and time of recorded CT scan(s)
- Date and time, grade and speciality of surgeon and grade of anaesthetist for all recorded operations
- Date, time, grade and speciality of recorded ED doctor(s)
- Detailed injury descriptions
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Pupil reactivity for head injured patients
No data on the care of injured patients treated at this hospital has been submitted, either because they have never submitted data or because they are new members.